A garage door that doesn’t work can be a major problem!
As you look at your garage door that will not go up or down it can be a little intimidating. What should you be looking for? Where do you start?
Here are some common garage door problems (and repairs).
- The garage door won’t open or close. You might just need new batteries in your remote, keypad, or wall button. Perhaps they might need to be reprogrammed.
- The garage door sticks. Tracks, rollers or hardware may be dirty. The tracks may have small dents which can be gently tapped out.
- The garage door sags on one side. If it’s a multi-sectional door, the hinges on one side may need tightening. It’s also possible the pulleys on each side are out of alignment.
- The garage door closes then reopens again. Closing pressure or limits may be out of adjustment.
- The garage door doesn’t close all the way. Something may be obstructing the photocells/electric beams, or they may not be aimed directly at one another.
- Broken springs or a broken motor. These are the most serious garage door repairs. It is always recommended to replace springs in pairs, to ensure balanced operation. A professional should repair a broken spring or motor.
Tags: Garage Door Repairs, Garage Door Service, Remove term: Garage Door Problems Garage Door Problems